According to Article 13 (1) and (2) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of their personal data […] (hereinafter referred to as the GDPR), we hereby inform:
1.SEAMAR s.c., (al. Jana Pawla II 1, Gdynia, Poland; phone +48 58 660 33 40), is a licensed Employment Agency and a controller of personal data.
The contact details regarding the personal data: firstname.lastname@example.org / phone +48 58 660 33 40.
2.Personal data will be processed for the purpose of the shipboard recruitment/employment services based on the consent of the seafarer looking for a job (the legal basis for the processing: GDPR – Article 6, 1. a).
By sending an application form to our e-mail address and providing their personal details, seafarers express their consent to the processing of such data. A seafarer can revoke its (his or her) consent given to us at any time with effect for the future. This also applies to consents that have been given to us before the validity of the GDPR (i.e. before 25 May 2018). If a seafarer revokes its consent, the legality of the data processing carried out up to then will not be affected.
3. The consent for data processing is voluntary, but a lack of consent might result in our inability to provide our services.
4.The personal data will be stored for a period of 5 years and the data of the persons employed via our agency – for a period required by law.
5.The seafarer’s rights as a data subject are as follows:
- Right to obtain information: a seafarer has the right to obtain information from us as to whether and which of its (his or her) data we process.
- Right to rectification: a seafarer has the right to request that we immediately rectify any information about it that has been found to be incorrect or no longer applicable. A seafarer may also request that its incomplete personal data be completed.
- Right of deletion: a seafarer has the right to request that we delete its personal data immediately if one of the following reasons occurs:
- the data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, or the purpose has been achieved;
- a seafarer revokes its consent and there is no other legal basis for the data processing;
- a seafarer objects to the data processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the data processing;
- a seafarer objects to the processing;
- the personal data have been processed unlawfully;
- the deletion of the personal data is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation under the Union law or the law of the Member-States to which we are subject.
- Right to data transferability: a seafarer has the right to receive the personal data relating to him or her that have been provided to us for their processing purposes.
- Right of complain to the supervisory authority: a seafarer has the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, especially in the member-state of its (his or her) habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if the seafarer is of the opinion that the processing of the personal data relating it infringes the Regulation.
6. SEAMAR s.c. discloses the personal data to:
a) the data subject
b) maritime companies seeking employees
c) entities processing personal data on behalf of the data subject, i.e.: hosting company, courier company, port ships agents, travel agencies arranging travels to / from the work place, medical services providers, maritime training centers, insurance companies.
7. Personal data will be transmitted to third countries, with regard to which the European Commission has not taken a decision on the adequate data protection level according to Article 45, 3. of the GDPR. The personal data will be transferred on the basis of a consent of the data subject, one expressed by it (him or her) after informing it of the possible risks relating to such transfers for the data subject due to the absence of an adequate decision and appropriate safeguards (GDPR; Article 49 ,1. a)).
8. SEAMAR s.c. does not use automated decision-making systems for data subjects (including profiling).