Seamen’s Claims and Complaints Considering Procedure
1. Target: The procedure is meant to be used for considering claims and complaints received from the seamen employed, as well as for taking proper actions in relation to the seamen by the provider of the shipboard
2. Scope: The aforesaid procedure is applicable in such cases where a claim or complaint has been lodged by a seaman with an entity (Agent) rendering recruitment and marine employment agency services.
3. Input data for the claims and complaints considering procedure: A written statement of claim or complaint lodged by a seaman employed by a recruitment agency, one submitted to a crew operator or the director of an entity rendering the above mentioned services.
4. The course of the claims and complaints considering procedure:
– Receipt of a statement made in writing.
– A careful consideration of the statement received.
– Adopting a proper standpoint in writing towards the claim or complaint received within 14 days from the date of the receipt of a written statement.
– An overall verification of the completion of the process of considering a specific claim or complaint.
– Filing the documentation concerning a specific case.
5. Output data for the claims and complaints considering procedure:
A written feedback by a crew operator or the recruitment manager to a claim or complaint received.
6. Responsibilities – in the process of considering claims or complaints from the seaman employed through Seamars.c., a crew operatoror the recruitment manager are fully responsible for handling the relevant matters.
– A complete documentation of the claim or complaint considering process.
– A claim or complaint statement in writing (the original document received from the claimant).
– A written reply to a claim or complaint (a true copy of the original).
– Complete archives of the documents submitted and also the documents exchanged in the claims and complaints considering process.
Procedure in .pdf